Think Global, Act Local!
At PBMS, all students are IB students who are encouraged to take action in their local communities to help benefit those at home and abroad. This action is embodied in service of many forms. Whether helping an elderly neighbor care for her lawn, serving as after-school volunteers at our neighboring elementary schools, or raising money for homeless pets, our students go the extra mile to make serving others a regular part of their lives.
For more information, contact:
Hannah Hollis, Community Service Coordinator
Click here to download this year’s Guide to the PBMS Community Service Expectations: Community Service Brochure 2015.2016
On-Campus IB Community Service Experiences
for the 2015-2016 School Year
Unless otherwise specified, homeroom teachers are asked to please sign off on Community Service Trackers of participating students.
- Wore yellow or gold in support of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (9/30/15)
- Donated to the change drive to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (9/30/15)
- Wore orange in support of Unity Day (10/21/15)
- Wore pink in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (10/23/15)
- Wore red in support of Red Ribbon Week (10/28/15)
- Participated in Trick or Treat for UNICEF (11/1/15)
- Donated food to the canned food drive (11/16/15 – 11/20/15)
- Donated a book to the Books-A-Go-Go Drive (12/1/15 – 12/16/15)
- Humane Society Food and Toy Drive (2/1/16 – 2/29/16)
- Dreams Come True Collection (3/1/16 – 3/11/16)